Imagine unpacking your much-loved custom baby (errr... motorbike... ahem) after a long-haul relocation to find it scratched, banged up or otherwise damaged. You've been under a lot of pressure to get your bike to a festival or exhibition on time and ready for the show. Now, you see months of hard work, money and dedication unravelling in front of the crowds.
At Automove, we've heard some horror stories about damaged vehicles, and we're sad to say that in custom motorbike circles, it's all too common a story. Inept and unprofessional motorbike relocation freighters load vehicles onto freighting trucks with the same care they would give to a sack of potatoes. We think this needs to stop. Your custom motorbike is valuable in many aspects; it is a work of art, an asset to your lifestyle and has taken hard work and dedication to get to the (never-)finished product. Heck, you spend more time with your bike than with some of your friends, right? That baby deserves a bit of care!
That's why we source considerate, reliable interstate vehicle transportation providers who are fully qualified to handle your custom motorbike. We have a long list of motorbike relocation professionals so that you can find and book a freighter you can trust who can fulfil your individual shipping requirements.
No matter which motorbike relocation provider you decide to go with, there are a few golden rules you need to keep in mind when shipping your custom motorbike:
- First, make sure you're getting the best possible deal by getting a quote for a motorbike relocation freighter you can trust to move your motorbike at Automove.
- Then speak to your motorbike insurer to find out if there are any special conditions relating to vehicle transport.
- Document the condition of your bike before freighting by taking photographs and writing a condition report. This way you can prove if any damage occurs during shiping.
- Provide your chosen freighter with the appropriate documents, including insurance, registration and manuals.
- Get your motorbike prepared for shipping by cleaning it, covering mirrors and accessories, charging the battery and topping up fluids and fuel. For detailed information about preparing your motorcycle for shipping, read our 4 week shipping plan by clicking here.
It's a good idea to contact your motorbike freighter as early as possible to talk about any special provisions that need to be made for custom bikes. On our extensive Online Price List of motorbike relocation freighters, you might find a high quality cheap vehicle transport provider willing to undertake the shipping of your bike for a lower cost than a specialised service. However, if you are looking for a freighter dealing exclusively with motorbikes or custom vehicles, we are sure you'll find an appropriate service provider. We can even get your motorbike shipped if it is not in driving condition. Whatever the case, Automove has a vehicle transportation service for you. Just fill in our easy-to-use Online Price List generator or give us a call on 1300 50 60 30 to get an affordable motorbike transport quote.