At Automove, we want to make your motorbike relocation experience as easy and flexible as possible, no matter the size, shape or weight of your bike. Whether you have a regular bike, dirt bike, road bike, race bike, trike, mini bike or four-wheeler, we’re dedicated to finding the right motorbike relocation freighter to help you get the job done.
With Automove and a few simple preparation steps, relocating your motorbike is a breeze. Use this handy checklist to prepare your motorbike for safe transportation and trust your quality-tested motorbike relocation freighter to handle the rest.
4 weeks out
- Look to Automove to obtain a motorbike transport quote
- Select and book your motorbike relocation freighter
- Gather all documents relating to your motorbike (insurance, manuals, etc.)
- Make notes of your motorbike’s model, make and dimensions to provide to motorbike relocation freighter
Note: While it is preferable to book motorbike relocation in advance, Automove can arrange for last minute motorbike relocation without hassle. Just contact our friendly customer service team on 1300 50 60 30.
2 weeks out
- Note and document any cosmetic damage
- Write down any mechanical issues
- Ensure the brakes are in good working condition
1 week out
- If the motorbike has storage compartments, remove any personal items and thoroughly clean compartments
- Thoroughly clean your motorbike (fees may apply at quarantine points if the vehicle is not thoroughly clean)
- Check fluids and fix any leaks
- Take photos from different angles, noting scratches, marks, etc.
- Complete a pre-transportation condition report
- Ensure both wheels are capable of being rolled during loading/unloading
The day before
- Fill fuel tank to Â¼ full
- Inflate tyres
- Ensure motorbike battery is fully charged
- Ensure all necessary fluids are topped off
- If the vehicle will need any special care, write down instructions for the motorbike relocation freighter
- If the vehicle has any mechanical problems, write down to provide details to the motorbike relocation freighter
On the day
- Fold back the mirrors if possible (otherwise cover with cloth and rubber bands)
- Remove any loose items (e.g. GPS, wires, electrical/radio gear, accessories)
- If your motorbike is equipped with an alarm, disable it
Make sure you provide your motorbike relocation freighter with:
- Any special operating instructions
- A set of keys
- Alarm operating instructions, if your motorbike is fitted with an alarm
- Any loose items that must be relocated with the motorbike (electrical, for example)
- Any additional documentation you deem necessary (e.g. special handling instructions)
Automove is Australia’s number one online vehicle transport price guide. All of our motorbike relocation freighters are tested for quality, so you can rest assured that your motorbike is in safe hands. Click here for a motorbike transport quote from our service providers.